Term Life Insurance Over 55
If you are over 55 years of age it is not too late to get good rates on term life insurance - being it a 10 or 20 year term.
Being over fifty five you may not be able to buy a cheap 30 year term policy, but a ten or twenty year is very possible, and affordable, if you are in good health, do
not smoke, and do not engage in any risky behaviors.
Typical Life Insurance Amounts:
There are many reasons why a person over the age of fifty five (man or woman) needs life insurance. Maybe they need to make sure their children's college education gets paid if they die. Make sure their spouse is left with money to pay the mortgage on the family house,
pay for their debts, and if the spouse does not work, make sure the family keeps the same level of living they are accustomed to.
How much you will need in coverage will depend on the reasons mentioned above. You'll have to figure it out yourself. Only you know your personal details. You can use a handy calculator like this one.
Here are some examples of level term policies for those 55 years of age (men and women):
- 55 year old man, nonsmoker, in good health, $200,000 coverage for 20 years:
Average prices start at $81.27 per month
- 55 year old woman, non-smoker, in good health, $300,000 level term coverage for 20 years:
Premiums start at $74.46 per month
- 55 year old man, smoker, in fair health, $250,000 coverage for 10 years:
Best rates start at $142.10 per month
Check Your Own Rates!
- 55 year old woman, smoker, in fair health, $400,000 coverage for 10 years:
Typical costs start at $146.03 per month
- Fifty-five year old man, non-smoker, in fair health, $500,000 level term insuranc coverage for 20 years:
Affordable rates starting at around $250.00 per month
- Fifty-five year old woman, smoker, in fair health, $100,000 coverage for 10 years:
Average prices start at $54.69 per month
Over age 55 (fifty five)?
Get an Instant Term Life Insurance Quote!